Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You can't teach an old dog new tricks?

I recently introduced my father to blogging. After I gave him instructions on how to get started, I went on to give him advice like some sort of seasoned blogger. Like he needed any. Like I'm someone to look to for advice. All I've managed till now is 2 posts, 3 if you include this one.

I've always been the authority in my house when it came to the computer, up until I left for college i.e. I was allowed to fix any problems that the old man caused. Still my computer time remained limited ( though not unfairly, those being my board exam years and all that jazz).

I always ask him why he keeps asking me the same doubts over and over again. " I'm getting old. Its harder to learn as you get older" , he always says. Rather, in my opinion, as you get older, you get lazier and need to be told how a particular thing works. What he doesn't realise is that after a few tries, and overcoming the initial fear of messing things up, he seems to do just fine.

5 comments:

Spica said...

how come blog update and all??

Vinod Pillai said...

@ chitra
A side effect of chronic boredom.

Uma said...

thatswhy we say at old age u r like a child ,u ve start all over again
my doubt ...is the teacher not good enough

ha ha

Anonymous said...

Vinod is wrong, his 'Old man' did learn new tricks. Visit my blog Mohanthetwin.blogspot.com and you will see I have a better track record than him. I admit, when it comes to using the Computer, it is the tail that wags the dog (an old one at that).

Mista said...

I this blog dead? Ju' askin'..........